1) Stagnari, Fabio & Maggio, Albino & Galieni, Angelica & Pisante, Michele. (2017). Multiple benefits of legumes for agriculture sustainability: an overview. Chemical and Biological Technologies in Agriculture.
2) Mekonnen, Mesfin & Hoekstra, Arjen. (2011). The green, blue and grey water footprint of crops and derived crop products. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences Discussions
3) Mekonnen, Mesfin & Hoekstra, Arjen. (2012). A Global Assessment of the Water Footprint of Farm Animal Products. Ecosystems
5) Thornton, Phillip, et al. "Livestock and climate change". Livestock xchange. International Livestock Research Institute. November 2011
6) Barson, M., Mewett, J. and Paplinska, J. 2011 Land management practice trends in Australia’s grazing (beef cattle/sheep) industries. Caring for our Country Sustainable Practices fact sheet 2, Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry.
7) Poore, Joseph & Nemecek, Thomas. (2018). Reducing food's environmental impacts through producers and consumers. Science (New York, N.Y.).
8) Goodland, R Anhang, J. “Livestock and Climate Change: What if the key actors in climate change were pigs, chickens and cows?”
9) Scarborough, Peter & N. Appleby, Paul & Mizdrak, Anja & Briggs, Adam & C. Travis, Ruth & Bradbury, Kathryn & J. Key, Timothy. (2014). Dietary greenhouse gas emissions of meat-eaters, fish-eaters, vegetarians and vegans in the UK. Climatic Change.